What you have to do at the end of your project
At the final stage of your project, when your thesis is ready and the date of your promotion is known, you have to send in the following information and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- the date of your defense
- the title of your thesis
- a pdf of your thesis
- a link to the online version of your thesis (if available)
- a short summary in English
- it is nice to have a picture of the front cover of your thesis (if available) to publish on this website
- and last but not least: the emailaddress you will use after your project is finished (this is usually an address other than that known to IOPS).
Obtaining the IOPS certificate
If you meet all requirements for the IOPS certificate, you can obtain an IOPS certificate from the secretariat. You need to apply for the certificate by sending the following documents/information to email@example.com:
- pdf’s of the certificates of all relevant courses (IOPS and non-IOPS) you completed successfully during your PhD treining program
- if applicable, proof of exemption for the mandatory courses
- a list of conferences you attended
- the mailing address where the certificate must be sent to (can be a private address or the address of your new office)
Your first job after your dissertation
For IOPS it is important to know what opportunities the alumni have on the employment market. What jobs do they get? And how long does it take to obtain this first job?
Please keep in contact with us and tell us about your first employment(s) after your dissertation.
IOPS doesn’t end with your dissertation!
The end of your project is not necessarily the end of your relation with IOPS! If you get a job at one of the research groups of IOPS, you can apply for a postdoc membership by sending your CV to the secretary. And if you get a job outside IOPS but want to keep in contact, just let us know and we will put you on the mailing list.