IOPS is excited to cooperate with the DFG Research Group “Statistical Modeling in Psychology” (SMiP), a transregional collaboration of twelve renowned behavioral researchers from five German universities:
- University of Mannheim
- Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
- Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- University of Koblenz-Landau at Landau
- Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
The participating researchers of the SMiP group have a strong background in advanced quantitative methods and are experts in diverse substantive fields of psychology addressing cognition and social cognition, motivation and affect as well as individual differences.
On a regular base SMiP and IOPS will organise joint conferences, which will alternate in location. Due to COVID – 19, conferences will take place in an online format.
SMiP opens up courses for IOPS members to participate in, and IOPS does so for SMiP members. Mutually the courses are for free. In case a course is full, priority will be given to it’s own members.
SMiP courses for IOPS
SMiP courses can be find on their website. The trainings are rated with 3 ECTS for 3 training days and 1 ECTS for 1 training day. One can use SMiP courses to meet the IOPS certificate criteria, up to a maximum of 2 ECTS.
Please register by sending an e-mail to Annette Förster (email@example.com).
IOPS courses for SMiP
The following IOPS courses are open to SMiP members. More information can be found on our website under Courses.
Please register by sending an e-mail to Mirjam Bouwsema (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- May 2021, What is Psychometrics? (University of Amsterdam)
- 23 – 27 August 2021, A Gentle Introduction to Bayesian Statistics (Utrecht University) note: please mention that you are an SMiP member at your application
- 30 August – 3 September 2021, Statistics Survey Design (Utrecht University)
- October 2021, Mathematical Statistics (University of Groningen)
- October-November 2021, Optimization & Numerical Methods (kU Leuven)