Students are eligible for the IOPS Certificate when they meet the following criteria:
The curriculum part
- Completion of the two mandatory courses “What is psychometrics?” (2 EC) and “Statistical Consulting to Behavioral Scientists” (3 EC). Exemption for “What is psychometrics” is not possible.
- Completion of elective IOPS courses with a total of at least 5 EC. For the elective courses, it is allowed to follow relevant courses (e.g., about network modelling or programming) outside IOPS, with a maximum of 2 EC. Send your request for permission of the IOPS board to the secretary of IOPS: email@example.com. This request consists of a short description of the course contents, the provider of the course, and the number of course credits. It is mandatory to send the secretary a certificate of the course afterwards.
SMiP courses can be counted towards the full 5 EC elective courses.
- Attendance of at least four IOPS conferences
See Courses for a schematic overview of all the courses.
When planning the courses over four years, it is advised to spread out the time as follows:
35% – 35% – 20% – 10%.
The research part
- The PhD project lasts about four years and results in a dissertation.
- IOPS PhD students present their work twice at an IOPS conference: one poster presentation at an early stage and one oral presentation at the end of their project. For more information have a look at these guidelines on the presentation.
The review part
- IOPS PhD students review 2 proposals of prospective IOPS PhD students
- IOPS PhD students fulfil the role of discussant for two talks of an IOPS conference