Requirements for submission
The PhD student has to submit his/her proposal within the first half a year from the start date of the project. One can do this by sending the following documents to the coordinator of IOPS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Registrationform
- A photo (jpg format)
- If you are of opinion that you qualify for exemption for one of the IOPS courses on the basis of courses you completed during your masters, you have to submit an exemption request. This exemption request consists of a short motivation letter, a copy of your diploma and grade list and a description of the master course(s) the request is based on.
The review process
- The proposal will be reviewed by two staff members and two PhD students.
Proposals accepted by NWO will only be reviewed by two PhD students and judged generally by the director.
- The proposal will be approved or rejected by the reviewers. Only if the proposal is rejected, the PhD student has to write a response to the comments or revise the proposal if necessary. In that case, the response to the comments and/or the revised proposal will be sent to the reviewers for their final approval.
- Not until the proposal is approved by the reviewers, the IOPS board will consider acceptance to the IOPS Graduate School.
- After the board has reached its decision, the secretary notifies the candidate and his/her main supervisor of the decision.
When the proposal has been accepted, the PhD becomes a regular member of IOPS and a membership fee of €800 per year will be charged.